Wait – JD Has Now Agreed to Help? August 16

What a difference a day makes. The Pape Machinery rep (Alfonso) called me late yesterday and said he had a talk with a different JD rep who was in their location that afternoon. He gave him the whole story and the rep said he would check with some other reps to see what they’ve been doing in these situations. Last night, Alfonso received an email from the rep saying that if I was willing to cover the labor costs, JD would replace the engine. And though the labor costs are not exactly cheap (~$2500 or so, not counting the $500 I paid the other mechanic for the original diagnosis), I feel it’s at least a reasonable outcome, seeing as how I’m not the original owner of the tractor.

Just waiting on the formal email from Alfonso to put it in writing. I’ll post a follow up when things are underway.